Saturday 23 June 2012

Scoot scoot, coffee coffee, cake cake

Take one scooter nut.

Add coffee and cake.

Throw in a tabby cat.

And, what do you get?

Why, the Scootercaffe, of course. It's just a whisker and a toot from London Waterloo.

With several lumps of sweet and mellow daftery in here, I managed to lose 5 hours eating lemon drizzle cake and Portuguese custard tarts and drinking cups of nicely brewed coffee. (I'm told the hot chocolate is delicious too).


The house cat Stanley put in a few appearances, in between napping on empty chairs and guarding the spiral staircase to the basement - where it's always 12:40 on the Bakerloo line.




I appreciated the wonky details at the Scootercaffe.

The blue china ducks with gold beaks.


The kitsch paraphernalia.



And there was even a light made from one of those old hairdryers you sit underneath.

I remember my Mum had one of them in the eighties.

She used to sit in her rollers underneath the space-age head capsule.

And I used to wonder what on earth she was doing.

Scootercaffe, 132 Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London, SE1 7AE - click for map.

No comments:

Post a Comment